Oh, you found us! Welcome to the challenge of challenges this spring – the digital hackathon brought to you by Campus Varberg and the Alexanderson Institute. To enter this competition you are a student that would like to show off some of your digital skills – in a pretty cramped format, 24 hours. But don’t worry, you won’t do this alone. We will divide you into awesome teams of 2–4 people AND you will also get the opportunity to receive some coaching during the competition.
The rules are simple. After a half-day kick-off with your assigned company you and the team will get 24 hrs to come up with an awesome idea – and remember, it has to create real value for your company. What company? There will be several small and medium-sized enterprises from Halland.
Do I have to produce a finished product during the Hackathon? No, you have 24 hours at your disposal and your contribution can range anywhere from a powerpoint presenting wireframes/mockups to clickable prototypes/proof-of-concepts to fully functional applications.
Friday, May 28th
- 09 AM Kick-off with team mates and companies (to get to know each other and get an idea of the company’s challenge)
- 12 AM Competition STARTS
- 06 PM – How is it going?
Saturday, May 29th
- 12 AM Competition ENDS
- 01 PM Presentation and Demos (we want to know what you’ve done!)
- 02.30 PM Prize ceremony
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To participate, you must register before May 15th. You sign up to the challenge below, just write an email with your name, your class (for instance MUT 20) and contact information (email is just fine, just make sure you check it when we are getting closer to show time).
COMPETITION CONDITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITY
By submitting a contribution to the competition, you give your permission to the Alexanderson Institute and partners use the material with the participant's name when publishing about the competition. What we need in the submission:
- Read me file: problem, description of the solution, the idea which stands behind the code, contact info for the team
- File with the developed solution’s code
- Open source license
- Presentation: 3 minute video with no audio (which will be used to present) and the team will pitch live via voice on Discord.
REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
For questions and sign up do not hesitate to contact our project manager.